0nwards & Upwards Community Enrichment Fund
— Danny Lada Onward & Upwards CEF Scholarship — Award of $500.00
— Sharon A. Miller Scholarship — Award of $500.00
The “Onwards & Upwards Community Enrichment Fund Scholarship” was established to give back to the community by providing an annual scholarship of $1,000. Two awards of $500 each will be given. The scholarship will be awarded to a deserving Wolverine Lake Resident who is planning on or currently attending a college, university, technical or vocational school, or wants to advance their education of skills through a special class or certification in Michigan.
- This scholarship will be granted to a Wolverine Lake Resident (no age restriction) that has demonstrated outstanding volunteerism in our community in the past two years. At least 50% of the volunteered community service functions must have been performed in the Village of Wolverine Lake. (Community service mandated by the courts will not be accepted. Students performing school assignments will not be eligible.) Some examples of volunteer services we are looking for within the Village of Wolverine Lake: The Annual Village Corn Roast, Easter Bunny Luncheon, “Support Our Troops” packing party, barge assembly and dismantling for fireworks, Snacks with Santa, etc. Examples of Non-Village activities: Hospitality House Food Pantry, Church or Synagogue, etc.
- Must provide documentation for each community service activity.
- Must Reside in the Village of Wolverine Lake for at least one year.
- Members of the Onwards & Upwards Community Enrichment Fund Board and family members are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Limit of one award per household.
- The Onwards & Upwards Community Enrichment Fund board has the right to cancel, suspend or extend the scholarship.
- Taxes on awards are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- The award will be paid after the completion of the class/classes with passing grades, certificate of completion, etc. and submitted to Onwards and Upwards CEF, 425 Glengary Road Wolverine Lake, MI 48390, along with the receipt for the cost of attending.
- Scholarships must be used in the year awarded.
- All applications are due June 30, 2020. All scholarships will be announced and awarded on or after August 1, 2020